ROBIN – Robin Carter, 16, sits at table. She is blind (Chloe Raines)
THEODORE – Theodore Sims 16, junior in high school
TROY – Troy Steele 17ish
KAITLYN – Kaitlyn, 40ish Robin’s mom (Michelle Castelli)
GRAMPA – Theodore’s Grampa (Lee Kelley)
PRINCIPAL – Principal Barnes 60ish (Stuart Miller)
DAVID – Robin’s Dad 40ish
HOLLY – Holly Hunter healing minister (Cindi Miller)
BUBBA – boy 16ish
GLORIA – girl 16ish
DEBBY – Theodore’s mom 40ish
BECKY – 16 old girl, Becky
BRENDA – girl 16ish
- Any video camera will do as long as it is a clear clip with no distortion.
- Do not let your face be covered with shadows or low lighting.
- Film in front of a solid background with no decor in the picture. Hang a sheet or cloth behind you in needed to hide the background.
- Frame yourself so we can see your body language as you film.
- Your top frame should be slightly above the top of your head. The bottom Frame should be slightly below your waste.
- Make sure you have good audio, not too low, no off-screen noises or distorted.
- It is important to know your lines without reading them as you film.
- Do not look into the camera, choose a focus point just off camera and keep your eyes away from the lens.
- Your reader should sit just off camera where they can be heard but not seen. Regardless of the gender of the character, it does not matter if the reader is male or female and their acting skills are not being judged.
- Always watch your video before you send it in. Make sure all instructions were followed.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. Please include a password if necessary.
- Just relax and have fun!!!