ROBIN – Robin Carter, 16, sits at table. Caucasian – She is blind LEAD Closed (Chloe Raines)
THEODORE – Theodore Sims 16, junior in high school. Caucasian – LEAD Closed (Sebastian Allman)
TROY – SUPPORTING Troy Steele 17ish Any ethnicity- OPEN ROLE
KAITLYN – Kaitlyn, 40ish Robin’s mom. Caucasian – SUPPORTING Closed (Michelle Castelli)
GRAMPA – Theodore’s Grampa Caucasian – SUPPORTING Closed (Lee Kelley)
PRINCIPAL – Principal Barnes 60ish Any ethnicity- SUPPORTING Closed (Stuart Miller)
DAVID – Robin’s Dad 40ish Caucasian – SUPPORTING OPEN ROLE
HOLLY – Holly Hunter healing minister Any ethnicity- SUPPORTING Closed (Cindi Miller)
BUBBA – boy 16ish Any ethnicity- SUPPORTING OPEN ROLE
GLORIA – girl 16ish Any ethnicity- SUPPORTING Closed (Emily Barton)
DEBBY – Theodore’s mom 40ish Caucasian – SUPPORTING Closed (Leslie Rinehart)
BECKY – 16 old girl, Becky Any ethnicity- SUPPORTING Closed (Cashmir Khawaja)
BRENDA – girl 16ish Any ethnicity- SUPPORTING Closed (Theanna Reis)
Multiple Teenage girls and boys – (non-speaking roles) We need about 30 Teenage girls and boys for non-speaking roles. These are featured roles that will have some camera time. Submit Below OPEN ROLE
Extras Needed – We need at least 200 extras on March 3. All ages, gender and races welcome. This will be to fill a church congregation seen. This scene is a long scene that will include extensive audience shots, audience reactions shots and close ups. Submit Here OPEN ROLE
Featured Adults – We need approximately 10 adults for non-speaking featured roles. Submit Below OPEN ROLE
- Any video camera will do as long as it is a clear clip with no distortion.
- Do not let your face be covered with shadows or low lighting.
- Film in front of a solid background with no decor in the picture. Hang a sheet or cloth behind you if needed to hide the background.
- Frame yourself so we can see your body language as you film.
- Your top frame should be slightly above the top of your head. The bottom Frame should be slightly below your waste.
- Make sure you have good audio, not too low, no off-screen noises or distorted.
- State your name, the character you’re reading for and your actual age at the beginning of each clip you do.
- If you are reading multiple scenes, please put each scene on separate clips.
- It is important to know your lines without reading them as you film.
- Do not look into the camera, choose a focus point just off camera and keep your eyes away from the lens.
- Your reader should sit just off camera where they can be heard but not seen. Regardless of the gender of the character, it does not matter if the reader is male or female and their acting skills are not being judged.
- Always watch your video before you send it in. Make sure all instructions were followed.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. Please include a password if necessary.
- Just relax and have fun!!!