Skip to content
- Any video camera will do as long as it is a clear clip with no distortion.
- Do not let your face be covered with shadows or low lighting.
- Film in front of a solid background with no decor in the picture. Hang a sheet or cloth behind you in needed to hide the background.
- Frame yourself so we can see your body language as you film.
- Your top frame should be slightly above the top of your head. The bottom Frame should be slightly below your waste.
- Make sure you have good audio, not too low, no off-screen noises or distorted.
- It is important to know your lines without reading them as you film.
- Do not look into the camera, choose a focus point just off camera and keep your eyes away from the lens.
- Your reader should sit just off camera where they can be heard but not seen. Regardless of the gender of the character, it does not matter if the reader is male or female and their acting skills are not being judged.
- Always watch your video before you send it in. Make sure all instructions were followed.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. Please include a password if necessary.
- Just relax and have fun!!!